Monday, December 05, 2005

prison break

This will be the first Monday night in a long time that I will not have my eyes glued to Fox at 9PM because Prison Break has been taken off the air until March 2006. Though I am grateful that they have pushed it up from the original return date in May, 4 months still seem like a long time and it really makes me wonder - whose bright idea was it to suggest the hiatus in the first place? Logical - no. Frustrating - yes.

For those of you that don't watch the show, you are certainly missing out. I had my doubts when I first heard about the show but after some prompting from a certain sibling of mine, I saw an episode and was immediately hooked. So many unexpected twists and turns...the show has you sitting at the edge of your seat while you watch the prison break plan unfold, piece by piece. From Michael's intricate tattoo - a blueprint of Fox River Prison itself, to all the careful planning/research Michael did before he staged a robbery to get himself thrown into the same jail to save his brother from his execution for a crime he didn't commit, it is definitely a must see.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comAnd who am I kidding, Wentworth Miller (aka. Michael Scofield) is a good enough reason to watch the show. I'm usually not one to crush on tv actors, but what's not to like about the guy - a Princeton grad who sings and likes to play scrabble...brains/voice/good taste in games/looks...works for me :P

Highlights of the show so far include Michael saving Dr. Tancredi from the maniac cons in the infirmary when the lock-down plan fail, the feds tracking LJ's cell phone only to discover he had outsmarted them (in your face!), LJ pushing Quinn into the well, Abruzzi and Michael setting up the mafia, Sucre's face when drilling into the devil superimposed on the concrete wall with the egg beater, and Lincoln finding the hidden black pill.

Characters I love = Michael Scofield (the brains behind the entire escape operation), Dr. Sara Tancredi (you gotta have some serious guts to continue to work/help cons that have tried to kill/rape you), Sucre (his expressions and reactions are hilarious), LJ (bravest teen I know), and Lincoln (living with the knowledge that he's scheduled to die for a crime he never committed).
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com


Characters that give me the creeps = T-Bag (raped and killed plenty of children in his day and has absolutely no shame or regret- no wonder people start running away from him when they see him on the street - guess that just means he's an excellent actor, though I don't even think I could share the same subway car as him without freaking out.), Haywire (what a cuckoo), Agent Kellerman (the guy has no morals whatsoever), and Captain Belleck (Mr. Slime ball who kinda reminds me of the cop from The Simpsons).

Wow, this may be my longest blog entry ever which is just a testament to how much I really do love the show. Can't wait to find out what happens next!!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

that certain sibling = meeee! :D

i love PB!!!

hahaha you are so funny...your post made me laugh out loud! :)

Will said...

Peanut Butter? Party Boob? Anywho, I'm gonna play spoiler and tell you that in the end, everyone gets caught trying to escape, and a couple of them are put to death, and the rest in solitary confinement for a year. There. I just saved you the suspense. :D