Thursday, December 09, 2004

14-9

After leaving work last night at 11:15PM (working 15 hrs straight 3 days in a row is no way to live) and feeling wiped and void of all feeling (both in a physical and mental state), I got home, took care of a couple things (showering included....seriously, I've never felt more like a jungle animal in my life....I had planned to shower yesterday morning but due to a serious case of oversleeping my alarm by 45 mins. I had no time to fly out the door), and then passed out only to realize this morning that once again I had overslept by almost 30 mins. and that I was on the verge of being really late. I know that some people believe that white hair is genetic, but in my case I think it's all stress related. On the subway commute to work I kept on thinking that any second my hairs were all going to turn platinum as I hung onto the pole for dear life while being squashed by the growing crowd (it's a good thing I'm not clausterphobic because I think I might die in this city otherwise). To make matters worse, our intern decided not to show up this morning and after 3 attempts to call him, and 1 voicemail, I find myself multi-tasking like a maniac. Sometimes I think it's a miracle that I haven't officially gone insane yet or perhaps I'm just in deep denial.

All I can say at this point is that I've got 14 days before 2004 freedom and 9 days of work till then. Vacation never sounded sweeter.

2 comments:

naomi said...

i'm amazed you're still alive.

c'estmavie said...

That makes the two of us...