Friday, February 25, 2005

Face forward

I stand in disbelief that it is already the end of February. What is it about time that always makes you feel as though you're in a rush and are behind? As usual, my new year's resolutions that were upkept throughout the beginning of January have quickly faded into the background, covered up by mounds of backlogged work. It's a constant battle to keep my head on straight with so many things that I feel like I'm always forgetting or trying to figure out.

The confusion of "next steps" keeps me in limbo. Each time I feel like I've had enough and it's time to move on, something holds me back. Perhaps it is fear. Perhaps it is God. In any case, I feel compelled to wait, though sometimes I'm not sure what for.

To summarize February, it has been a whirlwind of events. From reaching boiling points and discovering muscles I never knew I had (snowboarding for the first time certainly does a number to one's body) to defining boundaries and learning to live a life with some sort of self-discipline/self-control, this month has definitely stretched me and opened my eyes to a bigger world. It's too easy to be down on yourself and to dwell on things that you wish you could change, so instead I will look back on all that this month has been and try my best to look forward.

No comments: