17 days into the new year and it seems like everything is a blur. It's hard to believe that just over 2 weeks ago I was at home. With all the planning and anticipation of the holiday season, time zoomed by and before I could even blink it was already time to head on back and start up the routine again.
* * * THEN * * *
HOLIDAY HIGHLIGHTS to remember (listed in chronological order):
-For starters....spending 15+ hrs. stranded @ Laguardia with the flu, finally catching a 2:30AM flight, waiting 45 mins. for my suitcase, waiting 30 mins. for a taxi, finally getting home at 5:15AM, while simultaneously ruining 2 months worth of planning for a surprise renovation...all in a day's work....(Sharon...my little sister by day and superhero by night!)
-Seeing family and friends in person (though I don't know what I would do if it weren't for Alexander Graham Bell, there's nothing quite like talking to someone face to face)
-Celebrating Jesus' birth at the Unionville Alliance Church - God of Wonders beyond our galaxy...You are Holy...Holy....
-Eating and watching Russell Peters over at Naomi's on X'mas Eve (mmm...I can still taste the seafood soup!)
-Getting to know cousins that I never knew I had (They're nothing short of hilarious. So many countless family dinners where we all sat in silence, but this year we all shed our shells). So glad we got to hang out and chill.
-Surprise film screening & dip improv
-Helping sort food at the North York Food Bank (Don't forget to check the expiration dates...especially whoever kept on sticking 2002 cans into the meat soup box...don't think I didn't notice!)
-U of T photo day
-Hanging out with the Queen of Speed-walking, Steph
-Ronak's Holiday Party (can't believe it's been almost 5 years since I last saw Leo and Rob!)
-Line Dancing with mom (who would have known it would be such a great workout)
-Frizz be gone...5 hrs and many chemicals later and batta-boom, the straight/non-puffy hair I've always dreamed of
-Tim Horton's/the Y (ironic that it was a back to back trip)
-Dessert w/ Lisa and Ee-ma at Marché....crepes anyone?
-New Year's Dinner @ Il Fornello/Dessert at Under The Sun/mini UHS reunion - (gotta love highschool)
* * * NOW * * *
A part of me still feels like I'm back at home, or maybe that's just where my heart is. There's so much about it that I miss...the people, the places, the memories. Since getting back I've struggled back and forth between then and now. It's hard to know what to think anymore and often times it seems easier just not to think about it at all.
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
emm.. i think i might have accidentally threw in an ancient can of cranberry sauce (circa 2001?) in a zealous fit of sharing, since cranberry sauce is the bomb diggity. oh yes it is.
don't run away...head up, keep your eyes on Him, take His hand, and let Him lead you. :) remember, jer 29:11
i miss YOU lizhead...*hugs*
Post a Comment